- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup of tempeh or firm tofu
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup of tomatoes
- ½ zucchini
- 2 scallions
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ avocado
- ½ (green) apple
- 1 tbsp. sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. walnuts
- Measure all of the ingredients.
- Measure brown rice, rinse it under running water and put it into a pot. Add a little bit of salt together with 2 cups of water. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and cover pot with lid for about 18-20 min.
- While the rice cooks, cut tempeh (or tofu) in squares, cut all of the vegetables and half of the green apple into bite size pieces, set aside.
- Heat the tempeh in a pan over medium heat on the stovetop until slightly browned – about 2-3 min. per side. You can use vegetable oil, butter or whatever you prefer. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the walnuts in a pan over medium heat on the stovetop until slightly browned. Stir all the time. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Start by adding the rice into both bowls, split the vegetables and apples and place on top of the rice, add the tempeh (or tofu)
- Drizzle over some fresh lemon or lime juice, season with salt and pepper or some low sodium soy sauce. Add on top the walnuts and some seeds. Enjoy!