- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Whole avocado
- 6 Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup corn
- 1/2 Cup kidney beans
- 1/2 Cup purple cabbage
- 1 1/2 Oranges
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Orange zest and Orange juice
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve until water runs clear, drain and transfer to a medium pot. Add 2 cups water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Wash chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper (add cajun seasoning for additional flavor, if used be careful with additional salt) and set aside. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet and add the chicken to the hot pan and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Wash your vegetables, fruits and beans and cut everything into smaller pieces and set aside
- Squeeze half of an orange and set aside
- Place quinoa into a bowl, top with vegetables and chicken breast, add orange juice and zest and top if it and enjoy.